If you don’t subscribe to the new newsletter or follow me on Facebook and Twitter, you may not have heard: My new book Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19, co-authored with the young and brilliant scientist Alina Chan, published this day last week and is now available to purchase.
Less than a week before that, Alina and I met in person for the first time, which you can watch on my YouTube channel.
We explore both natural spillover and lab leak possibilities in depth—and share which we determined, over the course of writing it, to be more likely.
It was a challenging, frustrating, intriguing journey.
Here are some of the places you can pick it up…
- On Amazon in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, and many other countries.
- The publisher’s website lists other major retailers in both the US and in the UK if you’d prefer not to use Amazon.
- You can also use bookshop.org and uk.bookshop.org to support an independent bookseller when making your purchase.
The Covid-19 pandemic has killed at least five million people and counting. The impact can also be measured in weddings and gatherings cancelled, jobs lost and businesses bankrupted, schools closed and parents balancing childcare and work, clinical visits missed and treatments put on hold, and innumerable people living more isolated lives than before. It has created medical, social, psychological, and economic misery on a scale unprecedented in peacetime.
If we do not find out how this pandemic began, we are not only setting a dangerous precedent. We are also ill-equipped to know when, where and how the next pandemic may start.
In other words: The origin of Covid matters.
That’s why I hope you will not only read Viral, but help Alina and I make it a success.
Here are some ways you can do so:
- Order it now instead of waiting, which will help it reach best seller lists and rank higher on Amazon, and tells the online algorithms to recommend it to others.
- Rate and review it, on Amazon or elsewhere, once you’ve finished it.
- Share and engage with our posts about it on Twitter, on Facebook, and on other social media platforms.
- Use the #OriginOfCovid hashtag to post about it.
It was a privilege to help Alina write the book which could help us find and share the truth—if it is a success.
Thank you, as always, for your wonderful support.
Matt Ridley’s latest book Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19, co-authored with scientist Alina Chan from Harvard and MIT’s Broad Institute, is now available in the United States, in the United Kingdom, and elsewhere.